Tuesday, December 14, 2010

Hurry 2011! (*≧▽≦)

i can hardly call myself a movie buff
but i just saw the trailers for a couple of great movies
that i am LITERALLY DYING TO WATCH!!!
SUPER EXCITED, MAJOR CAN'T WAIT!!!!!!!!!!!  /exclamationmarkoverload

let me introduce the three must-watch movies of the coming 2011!


1. Pirates of the Caribbean 4 : On Stranger Tides

FAVOURITE MOVIE FRANCHISE EVER EVER EVER!
and if the second and third sequel's any indication,
this is going to be great, FOR SURE! WITH ALL CERTAINTY!



Major welcome back, Captain Jack Sparrow!
Major hello-there-good-looking-actor-slash-genius, Mr. Johnny Kitagawa Depp!

Cast does NOT include Orlando Bloom and Keira Knightly.
I am not their greatest fan but I dare say I've grown quite fond of their characters. Shame.
New cast include:

(wait for it)

Penelope Cruz!  *cue (・_・ ) look

yeah i know. i was like totally (・_・ ) too.
but apparently Gemma Ward  was casted as a mermaid! 
yes, there's going to be mermaids, lots and lots of it uh-huh uh-huh *wriggles eyebrows

screencaps galore because i have nothing to do like that.
 now spot the rumoured Akanishi Jin! (^_-)


2. Norwegian Wood

Movie adaptation of the popular book by Haruki Murakami

I love the book, I really do it's so beautifully subtle and I love his writing style!
Starring :
Kennichi Matsuyama (of Death Note and L fame.)
Rinko Kikuchi (of Oscar-winning movie Babel fame)

I'm super excited (and kind of scared too actually) for this movie!
Watch the (subtitled!) trailer, it's set in Tokyo 1969 so there's the whole old-school vibe to it
WHICH I ABSOLUTELY LOVE. and the breathtaking sceneries! (^∇^)~

look at the colour tones used, gorgeous.

I really am anxious to watch them bring these complex characters to life!
I've never thought that the character Watanabe could look like Kennichi,  I had always imagined him somewhat homely and smaller, someone like Ohno or Nino perhaps? You know, the average-boy look that no one really looks at twice. and Naoko! I had that image of Aoi Yu in mind, perhaps a little taller but that kind of quaint quiet personality, the ones you never really know what they're thinking about. As for Midori, hahahaha I keep thinking of Becky! I don't think  she's an actor but she totally charmed my socks off in that one episode of Himitsu no Arashi-chan. She gives off that Midori-vibe: well-liked, quirky, talkative but still girlish.


GANTZ

Double stars because it's GANTZ and I'm nothing if not biased!
Ask any manga-reading dude, I bet you 20cents they'll know what I'm talking about here.
Only one of the most popular classic Japanese manga ever. ASK JERWIN HAHAHAHA!
I talk so much but actually I don't even read this manga wtf too much gore and violence.
But here, watch the trailer! Full of alien-fighting, creatures-bombing goodness! (^□^*)



Good news is, they're releasing this movie WORLDWIDE! Yes, even Malaysia!
but but but, I believe it's going to be dubbed over for the America release, eff their lives.
Please don't do the same in Malaysia, please please please. Dahlah June only keluar!
I have a feeling I'll rewatch this like five times at the theatres. Oh and starring:

Kennichi Matsuyama (yah again, same dude from Norwegian Wood)
Ninomiya Kazunari (of ARASHI, Letters from IwoJima and about 85142others fame )

 blurry screencaps because there's too much movements and action!

Plus, I recently found out that Kanata Hongo's in the movie as well.
As a kid, he acted in Moon Child along with Gackt and HYDE!
and as a teen, he was in NANA the Movie with Mika Nakashima as SHIN! SHIN!

here, extra gorgeous screencap because I love Nino like no other.
spent three hours on this post wtf  /nosociallife
downloading trailers and screencapping and editing
YOU THINK EASY JOB AH WTF THEREFORE
YOU BETTER WATCH THE TRAILER(S)
AND COME TALK TO ME ABOUT IT! OR ELSE!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment