Wednesday, March 12, 2014

Instant Brightness with KOSÉ SEKKISEI Lotion Mask!

When given the chance to be part of KOSÉ SEKKISEI's skincare and beauty workshop a couple weeks back, I absolutely jumped at the golden opportunity. The KOSÉ brand is well known throughout the world. It was established in Japan back in 1946 when cosmetics were considered luxuries with good still in short supply. Since the day the founder Mr. Kozaburo Kobayashi instilled the standard of insisting on high-quality products, KOSÉ has been associated with many popular Japanese icons such as Namie Amuro, Ueto Aya, Rola, Kiritani Mirei and even ARASHI's Matsumoto Jun! ♥
Matsujun I'm coming for you!



This time round, KOSÉ introduces Taiwanese actress Ariel Lin as the face of the SEKKISEI skincare range. The SEKKISEI name uses Chinese characters to express the brand concept of focusing on bright and translucent skin as pure as snow and its unique blend of Japanese and Chinese herbal extracts in the formulations. 

Today I'll review the star product from the entire range - the much-loved SEKKISEI Lotion.
First, remove all makeup and impurities with the luxurious SEKKISEI Cleansing Cream


Then grab a bottle of the SEKKISEI Lotion! Did you know that this lotion offers deep translucency with the power of oriental plant extracts and creates fine-textured, hydrated snow white skin. Don't judge the cloudy white lotion by its simple appearance, for it packs the hydrating power of approximately a hundred gentle oriental plant extracts, which works beautifully to create fine-textured, hydrated, translucent skin. It'll take too much space to list out all the goodness, but let me share the three main oriental plant extracts found in a bottle of SEKKISEI Lotion:



  • Coix Seed Extract - increases metabolism, whitens, moisturizes and prevents roughness 
  • Melothria (White Lotus) Extract - suppresses melanin production - whitening! 
  • Angelica Extract - disinfectants, whitens and moisturizes 

With all these power ingredients, say hello to balanced skin moisture levels and bid goodbye to dullness, roughness, pimples caused by dryness, and redness caused by sunburn from sunlight. These are benefits that I personally delight in, because those few words perfectly describes my current skin condition, under all that makeup. As I grow older, my skin gets more sensitive and a major problem I face everyday is redness all over, especially after sun exposure. See, I'm not being dramatic in avoiding the sun, my skin is just not too fond of it hahahaha here's how to you can easily achieve instant whitening effect with the SEKKISEI Lotion mask:



  1. Grab a mask tablet
  2. Fill SEKKISEI Lotion cap up until the line 
  3. Drop the mask tablet into cap 
  4. Watch the mask puff up as it absorbs all the good stuff 
  5. Fish out mask tablet from cap and look how much it has grown! 
  6. Gently unfold and place onto clean face for five - ten minutes 


It has been such a long work day for me and boy, that ten minutes with the SEKKISEI Lotion mask on was so incredibly relaxing.

As soon as everyone had it on, the atmosphere of the room changed as we hear many "ooh" and "aah" over the refreshing scent and cooling sensation. For extra oomph, you can tap the access lotion left in the cap over the sheet mask onto your face, it helps stick better to your skin too. Here's another tip - you can also pat the lotion on your neck and parts of your body that needs a little pampering. Gosh I love that feeling of moisture absorbing into my dehydrated, tired skin and you know what, using the SEKKISEI Lotion this way can boost skin moisture level up by ten times. TEN TIMES! #waitwhat ok since we had some spare time, here are my partners-in-crime striving to maintain a pokerface!



After the given time, or at least until you start to feel the mask slowly drying off, remove it carefully and pat any excess into skin until everything's absorbed, this won't take long I promise because the texture blends in beautifully. This is my favourite part really, because I feel like I'm actively pushing all the good stuff into my skin! Now my skin feels wonderfully hydrated, silky smooth and noticeably brighter. One step closer to natural pure translucency, skin as fine-textured and white as snow hahahaha don't have to rinse okay, just marvel at how refreshed your skin looks, as per example below lol aaaaaand guess what, YOU GET TO EXPERIENCE THIS TOO BECAUSE I'VE TONS TO GIVEAWAY! Stay tuned till the end!


The story hasn't ended yet! Hehe because KOSÉ SEKKISEI specially flown in makeup guru Mr Osamu Dobashi all the way from Japan to also show us some of his magic tricks. He encouraged us to test out the KOSÉ SEKKISEI White BB Cream that offers lasting hydration with whitening benefits, UV protection and translucent makeup coverage all in one. I like how it blends really smoothly so there's none of that thick cakey feel once you're finished, and the effects are natural. Seriously considering getting it once my current one runs out. Even Anne was sorely tempted to get it!

Tadaa half a face done. The dark eye circles can be your measurement reference wtf 


Full and complete version.


And we're done for the night! Learned so many little tips that can improve my daily skincare routine and am glad I got to experience the full range of KOSÉ SEKKISEI products. Am absolutely sold! I hope they'll organize a similar workshop again in the near future so I can bring more friends with me and let everyone understand that the quality level of a product, no matter how good it may be, is meaningful only if the consumers like you and me can come to appreciate it. In the meantime, get updates by KOSÉ Malaysia on Facebook or more on the SEKKISEI Lotion also on Facebook. Oh more stuff for you. Click on this Facebook page to be directed to KOSÉ's Miss Cinderella contest where you stand a chance to win real awesome stuff that I secretly don't want you to win so I can keep them for myself, ahem.

Many thanks to Fresh for the photographs, Anne for the laugh out loud moments, Nuffnang for the invites, KOSÉ for the generosity, and Mr Dobashi for this group shot teehee now the moment you've been waiting for! *GIVEAWAY TIME* 


Here's how you can win a KOSÉ SEKKISEI Lotion mask to experience the brightening power! In the comment box below, name the three main ingredients used in the KOSÉ SEKKISEI Lotion Mask. Super simple, first 34 correct comments wins! But if you'd prefer to get a whole bottle for yourself, head over to any KOSÉ counters in Malaysia and get the SEKKISEI Lotion 200ml for RM170 or SEKKISEI Lotion 360ml at RM260. Worth every dollar spent!

26 comments:

  1. you girls should walk into the elevator with the masks on

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wah your post so naise got gif one!!!

    Anyway here's my answer:
    Coix Seed Extract
    Melothria (White Lotus) Extract
    Angelica Extract

    Thanks for the masks!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. KY: Scare die people later! Come answer the Qs I give you mask hehe!

    Charis: Aww thank you! :) Yaaay!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I WANT MORE GIVE ME MORE!

    Coix Seed Extract
    Melothria (White Lotus) Extract
    Angelica Extract

    ReplyDelete
  5. I also can try right? heheheh....

    Coix Seed Extract
    Melothria (White Lotus) Extract
    Angelica Extract

    ReplyDelete
  6. I want to try too...

    The main 3 ingredients in KOSE Sekkisei Lotion Mask are Coix Seed Extract, Angelica Extract and Melothria (White Lotus) Extract

    madelyn_liew@hotmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wahhh I love free masks!

    Coix Seed Extract
    Melothria (White Lotus) Extract
    Angelica Extract

    ReplyDelete
  8. CheeChing : Correct yay!
    Charm : Of course! Got them right! :D
    Madelyn: Yaaay thanks for the participation! You got them right! :D

    ReplyDelete
  9. OMG SO GONNA TRY TO WIN THIS

    Coix Seed Extract
    Melothria (White Lotus) Extract
    Angelica Extract

    sookkin.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. Coix Seed Extract, Melothria (White Lotus) Extract, and Angelica Extract!!!

    Whee~~

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wah free mask. From Kose. Whitening somemore. #waitwhat

    Here's my answer:-
    Coix Seed Extract
    Melothria (White Lotus) Extract
    Angelica Extract

    ReplyDelete
  12. Coix Seed Extract, Melothria (White Lotus) Extract, Angelica Extract

    Woot woot, free masks!! :D

    ReplyDelete
  13. Harluuu, I wanna win this for my mummy!

    My answer;

    Coix Seed Extract
    Angelica Extract
    Melothria (White Lotus) extract

    :D :D yueanne.cheah@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hello!
    I want to win this...for myself wtf.

    Coix Seed Extract
    Angelica Extract
    Melothria (White Lotus) extract

    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  15. I want! :D

    The 3 main ingredients:
    Coix Seed Extract
    Melothria (White Lotus) Extract
    Angelica Extract

    ReplyDelete
  16. Saya mau 2 boleh? One for mummy and one for myself heeee
    The ingredients:
    Coix Seed Extract
    Melothria (White Lotus) Extract
    Angelica Extract

    ReplyDelete
  17. Lalala!

    The ingredients:
    Coix Seed Extract
    Melothria (White Lotus) Extract
    Angelica Extract

    ReplyDelete
  18. I WANT!!

    Coix Seed Extract
    Melothria (White Lotus) Extract
    Angelica Extract

    ReplyDelete
  19. Nak menang! Nak menang!

    Coix Seed Extract
    Melothria (White Lotus) Extract
    Angelica Extract

    ReplyDelete
  20. Looks so refreshing!! Wo yao!!

    Coix Seed Extract
    Melothria (White Lotus) Extract
    Angelica Extract

    Pick me pick me! <3

    ReplyDelete
  21. i hantu mask, i waaaaant!!!
    here's the answer
    Coix Seed Extract, Melothria (White Lotus) Extract, and Angelica Extract!!!
    correct or not????

    ReplyDelete
  22. Waaa I want free masks! :D #girlielikethat

    Coix Seed Extract
    Melothria (White Lotus) Extract
    Angelica Extract

    ReplyDelete
  23. OMG! I want! FREE KOSE Mask! WTF!

    The 3 ingredients:
    Coix Seed Extract
    Melothria (White Lotus) Extract
    Angelica Extract

    ReplyDelete
  24. Omg am i still the first 34 to comment?? but i want the free mask i don't care, here's my answer:
    Coix Seed Extract
    Melothria (White Lotus) Extract
    Angelica Extract

    ReplyDelete
  25. WOW the GIF is so awesome! And your skin definitely look brighter leh.

    Make me wanna have a free KOSE mask too, here's my entry:

    Coix Seed Extract
    Melothria (White Lotus) Extract
    Angelica Extract

    Please pick me kthxbai!

    ReplyDelete
  26. Coix seed extract
    Melothria (white lotus) extract
    Angelica extract

    :D pls pls! Arigatouuu !

    ReplyDelete