Monday, February 1, 2016

青空の下、キミのとなり

In a bid to preserve my sanity, I've decided to (almost) completely shut out the world in my down time. 

This mostly means putting aside my phone after work, especially so on weekends.

I really feel that holding on to the phone and looking at it the whole damn day and night has been draining my energy. I get significantly less sleep, my skin breaks out, my brain gets drowned in all the stimulation and I feel lifeless all the time. Social media and the internet for both work and personal entertainment can be so addictive, they keep our minds moving, but with continuous exposure I know it's bad for me. I don't know when I started to dread receiving notifications on my phone, even when my phone is already set to silent mode on default (been set to silent since I got the phone, because I still can't figure out how to personalize ringtone for iphone lol). Whenever I get a notification, I can't help but to feel a tinge of apprehension.  


So yeah, in the past week, I'm trying to avoid checking my phone for the sake for checking my phone and learn to sleep latest at midnight on weekdays.

On weekends, I let myself indulge in my favourite pasttime - Arashi (●♡∀♡))ヾ☆


Finally watched the music video of Arashi's Aozora no Shita, Kimi no Tonari. I love it, definitely on my top five favourite music videos. The behind-the-scenes footages are great too; love the color scheme as pictured above. The chemistry between the members are great as usual. Outdoor location shoots are really the best. Beats studio shoots for sure. Has it really been six years since the last outdoor shoot? Man if they didn't mention it, I wouldn't have realized either. This was shot in a quiet countryside train station, which I am now determined to find on my next trip to Tokyo. I love spending time by myself, doing things that makes me happy. I hope to continue allowing myself time for myself, because I honestly don't like how things are working right now. A change is necessary.


No comments:

Post a Comment